The Durham International Schools Model
The Durham International Schools model has inherent flexiblity to adapt to the regulatory requirements and cultural needs in different international markets. In addition, the school model can change to meet location specific needs. For example, the land area requirement could be much less for a central location in a major city or the model could be modified where there is a newly built school that is interested in rebranding.
Where land is available and a new Durham International School is to be built, the School would be modelled as follows:
- Set amidst a land area of anywhere from 7 acres to 20 acres.
- Day & Boarding School, catering for girls and boys aged 3-18.
- Offering the Cambridge and/or International Baccalaureate exam board.
- Student capacity from 800 to 2,000.
- Staff to student ratio of 1:10.
- Academic facilities will be based on the capacity of the school with a minumum built up area of 100,000 square feet.
- Indoor sports complex of ideally 25,000 square feet and with extensive outdoor sports fields.
- Student accommodation will be dependent upon the boarding plans for the school.